Alice in Wonder City Episode 3 Recap

Yeaaaahhhh, another slow episode. My anticipation isn’t running any higher for the next ep. 🙁 I really want to see some girl power. The girls aren’t playing a very feasible role here… As we know, Die Fei is the female lead but from my perspective, she and Alice are on the same level.

Our two male leads finish their bonding time. Hai Jie thanks Ting Yu for accepting him into the Ketagalan Symphony Orchestra. The two stand over at the balcony looking ahead of them. Hai Jie tells him that when he plays the violin up too late, he gets complaints from his neighbours so he can only stop playing. Ting Yu tells him that he cannot hear the compromising side of him instead he hears stubbornness. Hai Jie explains that it could be because he really really loves a person but she left and when he plays the violin he will think of her.

Ting Yu arrives home to discover Alice asleep in his house. She wakes and he tells him not to move. She asks him how he knows her mother. He tells her that with the exception of his mother, Lisa is the most important person in his life. In a flashback, Lisa saves him from getting bashed up from some gangsters.

Ting Yu falls asleep and wakes up to find a note from Alice saying ‘I am sorry’.

Hai Jie is practising his violin with the crew. However, he gets criticised by the interviewer guy for the way he is playing as he seems uncomfortable. Hai Jie tells him that there is a problem by playing this way. He feels that violin should not be played by this, allowing only the music master to be the star and everyone else to be the dark sky. Hearing this, Ting Yu leaves, as does everyone else.

Ting Yu calls Die Fei in and asks for his schedule. He asks for an event that Die Fei could not seem to find in his ever busy schedule, he recalls how he lost his Hai Ou. He tells her this must be how she lost his Hai Ou and she explains that it has been proven that it was not lost because of her. She finally finds the events and tells him that they (the event) wants to seem the performance of the newbies first before they decide who would play the main role. ‘Newbie? Chen Hai Jie?’ With this he kicks (literally) Die Fei out.

She goes to take a break where she talks out her problems with Hai Jie. She tells him the importance and how much this job means to her. She questions whether this is her problem. He tells her they are here for music and that in this world there is a lot of complicated things in this world. So they must face and do what they love. She invites him to her birthday party which he agrees.

Ting Yu is not practising his violin any more.  He tells the interviewer guy he doesn’t want Hai Jie to leave.

Ting Yu gives Die Fei a scolding which leaves her in tears. He tells her that she has no right to critic them (musicians).

Hai Jie leaves and spots Ting Yu. Ting Yu tells Hai Jie that he does not disagree with his point-of-view for the performance. Hai Jie wants to explain to him about Lan Fei Fei but Ting Yu tells him that he is busy and drives off. Just before his drives off, he tells him that he still owes him a lunch. As he drives off, Hai Jie screams that it doesn’t have to be a lunch; he will take him to a special place next time.

They meet at a natural reserve for a bike ride. Hai Jie starts off behind but soon overrides Ting Yu. (Why does Hai Jie bring his violin everywhere!?) However, Hai Jie stops for a break and so Ting Yu arrives at the destination first. Hai Jie asks him why he must always win. So what if he arrives first, he still has to wait. Ting Yu tells him that he does not like to trail people. Hai Jie joking says that by trailing behind someone at least you won’t get lost. Ting Yu asks him could it be possible that he doesn’t want to put up a challenge? He jokingly replies ‘you’. Jokingly? ‘Well why did you make it so difficult for me?’ Hai Jie tells him that he was just voicing her opinion and wasn’t purposely targeting him. Hai Jie also tells Ting Yu to give Die Fei some more time, and he invites Ting Yu to a party.

Alice and her mother spend some bonding time together.

The boys go shopping for a birthday present for Die Fei.  Hai Jie buys a necklace and Ting Yu buys some Beethoven CD thingy.

It’s a dress up birthday party. Die Fei is dressed up as a vampire and even puts on fake blood in order to scare the crowd. However as she walks and trips onto Ting Yu. Whoops. The cake arrives and she makes three wishes. Wish 1 – For all her good friends to find their other half. Wish 2 – For everyone to never get lost and to always be able to find themselves. Wish 3 – Not telling. 😉 Anyway, it’s not awkward as she gives Ting Yu a hug when she sees the present.

It’s truth or dare time. Hai Jie gets asked the question ‘do you have a girlfriend?’ He passes it to Ting Yu who answer that he doesn’t but he gets asked the question again anyway. He says that he did have one but then he lost it.

Alice and Hai Jie have simultaneous flashbacks to the time when they spent their last night together. She tells him about her life and  birthplace in Japan. He asks her why she likes him and she tells him that he resembles a boy that she liked when she was younger. (Okay… she does not like you for you) One day she was crying and the little boy took her hand and told her a bunch of words that she could not make sense of trying to comfort her.  The next day he finds a note from Alice saying that if there is a chance, she will come back to find him.

Yeahhh…back in reality, Hai Jie has gotten himself drunk so Ting Yu and Die Fei has to send him back home.

Meanwhile, Alice gets a message from a guy called SJ (my first thought is Super Junior. LOL) asking her where she is and to reply back.

After sending Hai Jie back home, Die Fei and Ting Yu are waiting at the bus stop. He discovers that she likes Hai Jie. He tells her that even if Alice does not return, Hai Jie’s heart will never have  a place for her. He tells her that he will take the bus for the first time. The bus arrives, Die Fei hopes on and the bus drives off. He then gives her a salute.

Lisa meets Mei Mei’s mother who she brought back into the right path.

Ting Yu’s face lights up at the discovery of Siren. However, his manager is reluctant to allow him to go and get it because the violin brings on a curse to anyone who has played it. No one has lived past the age of 35. However, Ting Yu is adamant to get Siren and the only way he can do this is to personally travel to Japan.

Alice meets her mother at the zoo and she has transitioned back into the old and innocent Alice. They talk and her mother brings up a memory which she clearly remembers but tells her mother that she has no impression of it. She then receives another message from SJ.

Die Fei and Hai Jie are more than surprised when they discover that they will be going to Japan with Ting Yu.

______

My Opinion:

Yet another slow episode. My patience is running out! I am dying for some progress to happen in this! Usually with each episode in a drama there will be anticipation and let downs but this, well, to say the least it is dead flat with let downs. If this continues, I’ll just be watching this drama for the sake of Aaron Yan (I don’t like to drop series that I have started). I can’t even feel any emotions from Aaron. It’s just very…bland.

I am very disappointed in Die Fei, in both the character and the actor. Her character is very one sided. She doesn’t seem to have another side to her. I think that when we start to see her sing, there will be another side to her but for now it is very bland and basic. I don’t get the purpose of her role. What annoys me about her is not just her voice but how she cries. It’s all very fake and I don’t see the emotion there.

I am just that teeny bit less disappointed with Alice. At least she has a character. She is on the run from SJ, that I am sure about. I want to see her and Hai Jie meet again. I wonder how things will turn out. Ahahaha… I want them to be together but even so I do not see the chemistry between her and Hai Jie.

Basically, no one has any chemistry with anyone in this drama. I was so looking forward to this drama and so far it has been disappointing. 🙁

22 thoughts on “Alice in Wonder City Episode 3 Recap

• June 5, 2012 at 11:13 am

I guess the plot is moving pretty slowly but I really like how the director handled every scene so carefully. I don’t like Die Fei’s scenes as well – not very interesting and the acting not’s very convincing. I think Aaron’s handling his role pretty well though. I guess we can’t feel very much for any of the actors because nothing is happening to them and we don’t know very much about their past.

I’m actually still looking forward to the next episode though. I mean, it’s slow but I’m getting used to the pace, and it gives me time to think about what is said. Things will definitely start picking up pace though. According to the preview, Ting Yu starts to woo Die Fei, and I really don’t want that to happen at this time! It’s too fast. He just started talking to her nicely in episode 3, and he’s going to kiss her in episode 4?! Then again, I guess it means progress for the drama. Not the kind of progress I would like though. I’m actually really more excited to see what happens with Siren.

And yes, I agree with you about the chemistry part. I was so happy that Hai Jie and Ting Yu were gonna go cycling together, but not much chemistry in that scene. Alice is really leaving me clueless. I have no idea what to expect of her.

But Aaron’s still cute in this episode. 😉

• June 5, 2012 at 4:39 pm

I would much prefer it if the plot brought on some progress with it. I feel like it is all very bland. I want to see some light, some power. Also, each character is very one-sided. I agree that this could be because we have yet to know the background story of our characters but then this all leads on to the pace of the storyline. If it was faster, we could gain more knowledge of the characters and then it will be much more interesting.

Oh yeahhh, I like Hai Jie and Ting Yu together. However, they lack the brothership. I am eyeing more for it.

Currently, I think Alice and Die Fei should have a reverse role. Ahahahahas, 😀

I just hope that the next episode will be better.

• June 5, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Oh yes I hope so too. But no matter how it progresses, I guess I’m pretty much stuck on this one. My tolerance level is generally higher for Aaron’s shows. 🙂

• June 5, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Ahahahahas, me too!
          Really? This is the first show that I have seen Aaron lead in. I didn’t watch his other ones – Love Buffet and Salad Gloomy Days.

• June 5, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Haha Gloomy Salad Days was really good. Not something that would be classified as enjoyable because some of the stories were pretty disturbing but it’s a good script. Love Buffet was just plain stupid. I stopped watching halfway. The female lead was driving me nuts and the plot was just bad. Aaron was really really cute though. Worth making screenshots for. 🙂

• June 5, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Yeahhhh, apparently Gloomy Salad Days was really good, or well one of the better dramas. I actually did get around to watching Love Buffet but then the DVD didn’t work any more after ep 2. Ahahahahas.
            Aaron is my second fave member of Fahrenheit.

• June 5, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Love Buffet is not worth watching. I wouldn’t mind watching the Aaron scenes though. Loved his hairstyle in there. Who’s your fave?

• June 5, 2012 at 10:29 pm

LOL, maybe it was fate that I never got to watch Love Buffet?

Wu Chun of course! <3 who's yours? I'm assuming Aaron?

• June 6, 2012 at 12:39 am

Of course <3 Haha. But no news of Wu Zun lately. Ever since his movie last year. Oh, Pi Li MIT was nice. 🙂 I loved Aaron and Guigui tgt. Super cute 🙂

• June 6, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Yeahhh, trues. I miss seeing him! Oh well, at least I get to see Aaron for now. So it’s all good. (:

• June 6, 2012 at 11:56 pm

HEY HAHA Sorry for being random and butting in but — Aaron’s my favourite member too!:D Love Buffet is okay-ish but yes Gloomy Salad Days has quite a good script. Even though I started out watching it for Aaron but the stories were interesting and realistic in a way.

Shall go on to watch Episode 3 before reading your recap!(:

• June 8, 2012 at 9:06 am

I started watching Gloomy Salad Days and Love Buffet for Aaron, but never finished either drama for some reason. However, if you want to see an outstanding performance from Aaron, you should definately watch Mysterious Incrediable Terminator (MIT), which was aired in 2008. That was the drama that I Aaron caught my attention. 🙂

• June 6, 2012 at 3:13 pm

I think this might’ve been a typo: “He tells the interviewer guy he doesn’t want Ting Yu to leave.”

Anyway, I haven’t watched ep3 in its entirety yet but I skimmed through it and decided to start watching this again. My whole perspective changed because I was sold on the bromance and the threesome of Die Fei, Ting Yu, and Hai Jie.

I also ship Die Fei with both Ting Yu and Hai Jie. T___T I have no idea how I got to liking Die Fei now, but I do. Oh, and I even like Ting Yu now. That being said, my view of the characters has completely changed now. o_o

• June 6, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Whoops! Thanks for pointing that out! (:

Ahahahas, it’s slow-paced but I think things will start to pick up soon, or at least I hope so. Really? I’m still so-so about Die Fei

• June 7, 2012 at 3:09 pm

I know, I surprised myself when I found myself liking Die Fei more than Alice.

• June 7, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Now I am surprised! Well, Die Fei is lead, maybe her character will be better after all?

• June 7, 2012 at 4:19 pm

I hope so! And like you said I’m waiting for her to sing!

• June 6, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Another unfulfilling episode, so many unanswered questions. Well, at least it revealed that Alice’s return to Taipei is filled with dark intentions, and it may be related to Ting Yu’s lost violin “Hai Ou.” But what really confuses me is why Alice chose to find her mom when in fact she was on a mission in Taipei; unless it has something to do with her mom’s past. Confused . . . however, i enjoy the mysterious plot of this drama since it makes me wanting more and looking forward to the next episode. Looking forward to the cursed violin “Siren.”

• June 7, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Yeah, I totally knew that Alice had dark intentions in the first place. She doesn’t seem like one to do things without a reason. Now I wonder why she really was with Hai Jie…

• June 8, 2012 at 7:30 am

Dark intentions . . . indeed, Alice definately has an motive, a very dark one, for returning to Taipei. With all the facts given in the past two episode, it appears to signify that Alice tried to get closer to Ting Yu by returning to her mom (Lisa) side since Lisa is the most important person to Ting Yu other than Ting Yu’s biological mother. Also, if you watch the second episode closely, Alice chose to appear and reunite with her mother not in a private conversation but out in public, at a Halloween party, while Ting Yu was sitting next to Lisa. To me, Alice chose to appear and reunite with her mother at that moment is so out of the ordinary that it signify a motive. I may be wrong, but with the current facts, this is what all the facts tends to point towards. Your thoughts?

As for the missing “Hai Ou,” who do you think is most suspicious for stealing it? In my opinion, I think Alice and Ting Yu’s manager/director is most suspicious. I think that Ting Yu’s manager/director is suspicious because since he accused Lara of stealing it. Also, what makes him so suspicious is when he keeps staring at the cameras when he was walking towards Ting Yu’s townhouse/appartment to return Aaron’s violin after fixing the broken string in the first episode. Looking forward to episode 4!

• June 11, 2012 at 1:59 pm

I can’t wait for your ep4 post!!!!! (if there is one) It’s my favorite episode so far *-*

• July 26, 2012 at 2:43 pm

the story is good but the actor is not good except aaron. alice and HAI JIE 10% chemistry only. and lara very flat acting…. i can’t stop compare her wt gui gui. i think if guigui play as die fei gonne be more fun and cute.