Mid-Life Drama Catch-Up 1

Jkkkks, I am no where near mid-life yet, but to all my fellow drama watchers and bloggers, we do need to have a catch up, don’t we? This blog has been a bit dull and gloomy, hasn’t it? Well, that’s probably an understatement, it is more than a bit dull and gloomy! It has been somber and dreary, and I haven’t been feeling all that proud of my efforts. I would love to devote more time to this blog but time is a huge limiting factor, especially with my heap of school work! However, I’m not going to give up on this blog, I am going to give it all my might and I am hoping all you drama queens out there will be there to support me, because I greatly appreciate support (and it would be great if you could comment because this blog has been lacking comments and it is making me quite sad. 🙁 I love reading each and everyone of your comments and it makes me smile when I see a new comment)

Despite my load of school work, I have managed to sneak it some time here and there to drama, because without dramas, my life would be lifeless! Ahahahahas! I have recently finished Miss Rose (which I started two-ish months ago) and I feel satisfied about my achievement! Yayyy! I spent the last two days marathoning through seven eps! Yay! (Btw, there will be a full review coming up shortly, or as soon as possible.) With this drama done and dusted, I will have finished on all of the dramas that I have started quite a while back – Antiquarian Bookshop Biblia’s Case Files (AKA Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou)

So on my agenda, I have:

Current dramas to finish:

• A Great Way to Care II: As you all know, I love dramas that involve cases, especially cases of a genre other than forensics. I really enjoyed the first instalment and with the leading lady of this instalment being Tavia Yeung, I am sure I will enjoy it even more than I did with this first. I am only one ep in and already I am really enjoying this.

• Antiquarian Bookshop Biblia’s Case Files (AKA Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou): I’m three eps in and it’s quite slow paced but I am excited to see how the following cases unfold.

Dramas to watch/Anticipated dramas:

• Gu Family Book: I am anxiously waiting for this drama to come on screen already, actually I have been waiting since I heard that the male lead is Lee Seung Gi. It’s going to be amazing because LSG is the leading man here. I cannot to wait to see, and it just a few weeks (I think) it should hit screens and then it shall satisfy my cravings!

• King Flower (AKA Substitute Princess OR Replacement Princess OR The Adventure of King Flower): I’m still debating whether I should watch this. Ahahahas, it sounds interesting but I’m not sure whether I want to see it just yet.
  • King of Lan Ling (AKA Lan Ling Wang): This is probably going to be the last time that we will get to see Ariel Lin on screens for a while as she is heading overseas to study. I love Ariel and it would be great to see her in a costume drama. Ahahaha, and what’s more she has a heap of guys wanting her heart!

• Lie To Me: I have been wanting to watch this since last year-ish and somehow I keep postponing it. I am going to watch it this year, I have to! Plus, I am always up for a rom-com!

• Office Girls: After finishing Miss Rose, I have to see this, full stop.

• PRICELESS: Its genre lies similar to Rich Man, Poor Woman so I am sure I will love it. Plus, it had great ratings and there was great ravings.
  • Rich Man, Poor Woman Special: Whoop, whoop! Is anyone as excited as I am? I loved RMPW to bits and pieces and if I can see Oguri Shun and Ishihara Satomi again together on-screens even for an hour, my cravings would be complete. I just need to see more of their interactions, and maybe some close interactions would be good. Ahahahahas!

• The Fierce Wife (AKA The Shrewd Wife): Great reviews and I am really keen to see a good and strong love triangle. Especially with the flop of Love Me Or Leave Me (AKA I Rented A Lover), I am really keen to see Chris Wang with a strong character.
  • The Hippocratic Crush II: I loved loved loved the first instalment and I am very eager to see who holds in store for Yu Jai and Yat Kin Tau, especially with a pregnancy in the picture.

• Tiny Times 1.0: With an amazing cast I am sure to watch this. Plus, there is a stellar cast and I am sure chemistry will be flying high.

Micro-movie/mini-film to watch; Anticipated micro-movie/mini-film to watch:

• Breath-Easy Diary (減嘆日記): Well, there’s Bolin… so why wouldn’t I watch it? Ahahahahas! I actually really miss seeing him ever since In Time With YouI’m a real big fan of mini-dramas/movies so I am sure I will love this. Furthermore, and once again, coming off Miss Rose, I am really keen to see Tia Li and especially Puff Guo play a different character.
  • TBA: It’s a mini-drama starring Peter Ho and Janine Chang! I loved them in Ring Ring Bell (AKA Real Love Please Ring The Bell Twice) despite the ridiculous plot because they have amazing chemistry together!
  • TBA: It stars Ivy Chen and Jo Jung-suk! Yay! I am excited to see this mini-drama, especially that it is a Korean-Chinese/Taiwanese collaboration!

And that, is my drama catch-up. (: I know this blog has been running dry but I will try my best to update and as always, I look forward to hearing from you all! (:

Edit: I forgot to mention some dramas so I went back to add it in (: (21/03/2013)

17 thoughts on “Mid-Life Drama Catch-Up 1

• March 20, 2013 at 9:46 pm

I’m looking forward to Hippoccratic Crush II too! And i’m also debating about whether or not should i watch King Flower, seems so dramatic…. I’m also debating about I Miss You, almost everyone has watched it and despite it’s sad plot i’m somehow hyped up about it….

• March 20, 2013 at 9:56 pm

Ahahahahas! The Hippocratic Crush II is my most anticipated TVB drama of the year! Rumours have it that it will be released near the end of the year which will be quite a long wait from now. Ahahahhas!

LOL, yeahhh! I have King Flower on hands but I’m not sure whether I should watch it yet.

Oh, you mean Missing You, right? The Korean one? Ahahahhas, I’ve seen it and well, yeah plot is a bit ridiculous but of all the absurd parts, you can actually get a pretty good and decent plot out of it.

• March 25, 2013 at 9:42 pm

That’s it then. I’m definitely watching Missing You. 🙂 I have also decided to watch King Flower after reading the positive comments about it. And btw, i just saw Lan Ling Wang on your ‘anticipating’ list. I’m also hyped up about that too! So sad though, it’s Ariel’s last drama before her temporary retirement, (good on her, for still having the passion to study) one major reason why i’m hyped up over it. Lol. 🙂

And on a side note, i never finished Office Girls, despite it’s positive feedback. *shrug*

• March 26, 2013 at 3:58 pm

Ahahahahas! Really? It’s up to you though!
          Oh? How’s King Flower? I will get to it one day!

I know, so I am really eager to see Lan Ling Wang (: It will be nice to see Ariel in a costume drama and furthermore, enjoy her on screen for the last time before she heads off to study.

LOL, really? Did you start it though?

• March 21, 2013 at 12:04 am

Is the micro with Chen Bolin sort of like a spinoff to the mv he did with Dream Girls?

• March 21, 2013 at 12:22 am

Yeps, it’s a three part mini drama. (: The mini-drama itself was to help promote Dream Girls’ album.

• March 21, 2013 at 11:25 am

Don’t give up! I love your blog! 😀

Actually it is a good thing you are focusing on your studies first…I procrastinate through blogging & watching dramas O__O””

I am sorta watching King Flower..I just watch certain scenes from each episode so that I can stare at Chris Wu. HEHEHE.

• March 21, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Ahahahahas! Thanks for your encouraging words! (:
      LOL, yeahhh, I procrasinate through dramaing and I usually multi-task with my dramas! Ahahahas!

Really? LOL, yeahhh, I love Chris Wu ever since I saw him in Autumn’s Concerto! 😛

• March 28, 2013 at 1:31 am

Hiya~ I read your In Time with You recaps recently and really miss seeing Bolin in a series too… but then the Dream GIrls mini movies were just…. meh. Bolin was there to look pretty, his other mini movies from 2012 were so much better!!

• March 28, 2013 at 9:59 am

Hi there! Ahahahhaas, I have yet to watch it! But I will get there. Oh, and I will watch the other mini movies too! (:

• April 8, 2013 at 4:57 am

Interesting to know that you’re still studying yet enjoy TVB. I’d thought TVB themes too mature for the average student who would prefer school genres or fairytales. Well, I live in HK but dislike TVB despite my mid life age. I find TVB dramas too tiring and distressing often about greed, money, real estate, ego, face, inheritance, real estate and all the harsh factors of HK’s lifestyle, which I believe would be better off not blown up on tv to remind its citizens of HK’s face-tastic hard reality. Hands up anytime for silly no-brainer reverse harem romantic fairytales of T/J/Kdramas.

Didn’t know Priceless has a similar premise to RMPW which i just finished marathoning in 2 nites yesterday and absolute love it. Shall give Priceless a shot soon. Btw, The Fierce Wife although not normally my kind of fare for its mature storyline but is a fantastic drama with a good lesson for both men and women to learn.

• April 8, 2013 at 9:08 am

Yeahhhh, the themes that TVB tackle are quite mature but at the same time quite realistic. Some of the dramas are a bit mature for me, but I still watch it regardless, probably because I have grown up with it.

I love rom-coms which make kdramas, tdramas and the occasional dorama such a breeze to watch!

Ahahas, I’m not so sure either, it’s just that the synopsis sounds similar.

Yeahhh, same for me! That was why I had trouble deciding whether to pick it up or not!

• June 5, 2013 at 10:31 am

If you love a romantic-comedy of sort, why not try a cable drama in korea? Like Queen In-Hyeon’s Man, Flower Boy Next Door, Ma Boy and Panda abd the Hedgehog. Its not the best drama thus far but you can start from those.

• June 5, 2013 at 3:38 pm

(: I want to watch Queen In Hyun’s Man! I just haven’t had the time! 🙁 I still have so much dramas that I have yet to watch but have been meaning to

• June 7, 2013 at 7:39 pm

ah, ok, just posting but if you have time why not? right now, i’m trying to watch taiwanese dramas, i’m balancing it with my korean dramas.

• June 7, 2013 at 8:37 pm

I sure will when I have the time! I have a whole stack of dramas which I have to get to!

LOL, it was the other way around for me! I started with Taiwanese dramas and then transitioned to Korean dramas.