My Opinion on We Got Married Global Edition Season 1 Episodes 1-2

Now, I’ve never taken any interest in any asian variety shows, especially not We Got Married. I do not even know what the concept is about just that it is about a virtual couple and their married life. However, it was the buzz and hype of this edition that got me to notice it. I took notice of the occasional news here and there but I still didn’t really have the urge to watch it. It was only about an hour ago that something made me click the video and who knew it would get me sucked in! I’m only watching the Gui Gui and Taecyeon Ok story because Lee Hong Ki and Fujii Mina didn’t have the charisma to lure me in to believe that they are a couple. Oh, and Taecyeon is much more attractive to look at! (Lee Hong Ki has got to do something with his hair!) And that is always a plus! Ahahahhahas!

I love cross-country productions – not that I have seen many though – because I like watching the differences and diversity between the different cultures. I really like that there is a language barrier Gui Gui and Taecyeon whereas Lee Hong Ki and Fujii Mina do not have that barrier as they are both able to speak Korean. It is so adorable to see Gui Gui and Taecyeon’s way of communication which consists of English, though Gui Gui’s is no where near as proficient as his (I’m actually really amazed by the proficiency with his English!), part Korean, part Chinese and a lot of hand gestures. It is adorably to watch them communicate with each other and that is one of the main reasons that brings this couple to have an attractive charisma. It is also quite sweet to see them understand each other, like when she points to something he understands what she is trying to get at. I just love that communication doesn’t hinder them as a couple. As for the cultural differences, it doesn’t appear to affect them as of yet but I am hoping that their cultural differences is something that they will have to face.

I’m not going to say that there isn’t any awkwardness between Gui Gui and Taecyeon because there is but you can see that as they are familiarising themselves with each other that awkwardness between them is disappearing. With time you can see that they are growing comfortable and relaxed with each other, and actually gives off a loving newly wed atmosphere about them. I am actually finding myself loving them as a couple; they just appear so sweet and genuine with each other. There is no denial that these two are raining with chemistry which will be sure to build as time goes on.

When I am watching Gui Gui and Taecyeon together, I feel really light and feathery because their relationship appears to be progressing very bubbly. They are adorable as a couple and really bubbly to watch. I love how Gui Gui holds back and how Taecyeon is such a gentleman. I just love how Gui Gui is able to just immediately click with Taecyeon! Plus, her smile is just really genuine and full of sugar! These two are going to be such a joyous to watch!

The biggest difference between WGM and dramas is that in dramas actors a given a character to play in which that character is written to have a specific personality and energy. However, here, Gui Gui and Taecyeon are able to be themselves and show off their personalities which is what makes this so genuine to watch despite knowing that this whole WGM relationship is staged. They are actually trying to get to know each other and they don’t have to be someone else to do so; they are free to be themselves. They are able to express their own personality and who they are as a person, and so far Gui Gui and Taecyeon appear to be a very matching couple!

I am really excited to see Gui Gui and Taceyeon’s development and chemistry! I am really eager to see their wedding and honeymoon! Ahahahahas! I love these two already!

19 thoughts on “My Opinion on We Got Married Global Edition Season 1 Episodes 1-2

• April 14, 2013 at 10:34 pm

I don’t watch WGM either, but the buzz for this particular couple had me intrigued & I checked out a YT cut and found them completely adorable! Now I actually want to check out actual full episodes of this couple, just to see them goof around and get comfortable with each other ^^

As for Taecyeon’s English, I was blown away too, particularly since all I’ve ever heard him speak is Korean. But I read that he actually grew up in the US (Boston, if memory serves) which explains why he seems so much more confident speaking English than many other k-celebs.

And yes, he is such a cutie! I love his adorkable beefcake persona ^^

• April 14, 2013 at 11:53 pm

Ahahahas, yeahhh, this couple really caught my eye! I skipped out the Hongki-Mina scenes as I don’t find myself actually buying them as a couple. However, Gui Gui and Taecyeon really have the charisma! I love their interactions already!

LOL, I’m debating if I should just watch the Gui Gui-Taecyeon cut instead of the actual ep because the cut is essentially all their parts in the ep; it’s just that the ep has a few more extra scenes but other than that there is not much difference.

Yes, that’s true but his English is still breathe-taking! He is so fluent in it and you would have never thought he lived in Korea if you did not know!

Yeahhh, he first caught my eye in Dream High but here is so much more genuine!

• April 14, 2013 at 11:16 pm

Me too! I barely knew WGM, until this hype about the global edition. And i so totally agree, I am gonna skip Hong Ki’s and just watch Tacyeon and Gui Gui because they look heaps cute. 😀

• April 14, 2013 at 11:54 pm

I never really got into variety shows until the hype about this and the pairing of Gui Gui and Taecyeon. (:

Yeah, that’s a good idea. I caught glimpse of Hong Ki and Mina but they definitely don’t have the chemistry that Gui Gui and Taecyeon offer.

• April 18, 2013 at 5:18 am

I actually find the Hongki-Mina couple more realistic than the Taecyeon-Gui Gui one and also more interesting to watch. It is true that they don’t give off the vibe of a real couple yet but this is exactly what makes them more appealing to me.

I’m really curious how things will evolve and I think I would have found it awkward and a little too staged if they would have started off as if they had known each other long enough to be comfortable would that amount of skinship the other couple has shown so far.

And it is also painful to watch Taec struggling to deal with and adapt to Gui Gui’s personality. It makes me wonder if he would have ever approached her in real life. Just my opinion:)

• April 18, 2013 at 9:56 am

I think with Hong Ki and Mina is that they are able to communicate with each other in Korean which lessens the barrier between them and makes them quite comfortable around each other.

I prefer watching Taecyeon and Gui Gui as they give off a warmer feeling.

That is very true and I like how they started off getting to know each other which is what helps for them to build a friendly relationship.

Oh? Really? I actually find Taecyeon and Gui Gui’s relationship to be quite sweet even though it is staged.

• April 18, 2013 at 10:59 pm

Ya..true. I love to see Taecyeon n Gui Gui too. Such a sweet… cute couple. Very eager waiting the next episode…..

• April 20, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Really? Hongki and Mina are much better

• April 20, 2013 at 8:17 pm

I’m a fan of Taec, but seeing him with a childish woman hurt me a lot. I just cannot bear watching her to be so whinny with Taec. Can’t GWGM find a woman who is slightly mature than GG? I’m not jealous, but it just hurts – hope you understand.

On the other hand, i enjoy watching Hongki-Mina relationship. Like one of the comments said it is more realistic altho it is awkward at first. That is what suppose to be. Just imagine yourself having blind date with someone you don’t know. You will feel awkward too, right? After watching EP3, i really love how this couple build their relationship. They get closer in a natural way

• April 22, 2013 at 5:06 pm

I find that Gui Gui is quite mature; she is just being herself. In fact I am glad for the differences between Gui Gui and Taecyeon because it really allows for them to come to understand each other.

Hong Ki and Mina’s relationship is completely different from Taecyeon and Gui Gui and I guess it is just a matter of opinion on which couple you like.

• April 27, 2013 at 7:19 am

I have only watched one other WGM series and that was with Kim Hyun Joong and Hwang Bo which was really good, in my opinion! However, I like Taec and wanted to watch this series. I am not as fond of his relationship with Gui Gui as I think she is too immature for him. He did go to high school on the east coast of USA so that is why his English is so good. Anyway, I am thinking Lee Hong Ki and Fujii Mina are the couple I will like the best as they seem to be shy and yet, I feel they are going to build a unique relationship.

• April 27, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Ahahahas, I only got into this series because it is a global edition.

You can’t compare Gui Gui and Taecyeon to Mina and Hong Ki because they are both completely different couples. Mina and Hong Ki share a more level relationship while Gui Gui and Taecyeon have an unbalanced relationship. It’s not that Gui Gui is too immature for him but rather that is how her personality is.

I like both couples but I would have to side with Gui Gui and Taecyeon. 🙂

• April 27, 2013 at 8:18 am

some ppl dont like TaecGui and some prefer HongKiMina lols……honestly all is own individual preferences…for me i personally love TaecGui more 🙂 because main i like GuiGui, i knows of Taec but just was never really into him……and i like GuiGui mainly because she is always herself……she is always smiling from one scene to another….yes she is immature and childish but if you had follow her stories and looks a lil into her history i can definitely tells you she had finally grow up just that she still a child close to her heart……that my defend for her….

i wont say i didnt cringe when i watch the first two episodes, because of her antics and also of the languages barrier which is one of the main sources…..but one thing i like about this couple is that with the language barrier you can sometimes catch them saying things under their breath about the other partner and in a scene it make it a lil realistic for me, because u see when one knew that the other party wont understand what the hell he said, the words will be close to home truth of what he really felt….and there are times Taec actually talk about stuff in Korean and escape unscathed due to the facts that GuiGui do not understand what he said lols……….

I enjoy Fuji * Hongki too from times to times as they are full of antics themselves especially the part where hongki open the bottle of citrus….i was laughing my head off cause u see yes what he did is right but he broke the bottle cap and that will means u have to finish off the citrus very fast to avoid that citrus from being spoiled…..infact actually all he had to do is lay a clothes (dry one preferably) over the cap and apply a lil pressure on it and it will be open lols 🙂

anyway if u guys had come to episode 3 do watch 4 as it will blow you away 🙂 as it really did it for me as im seeing a part of taecyeon that i never thought possible lols 🙂

• April 27, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Yeppps, it all comes down to individual opinion and preference!

What I like about Gui Gui and Taecyeon as a couple is that they have a language barrier. They are able to truly show who they genuinely are. It is because of this language barrier that allows them to be themselves and actually try to get to know each other. With Hong Ki and Mina they don’t have this problem so getting to know each other presents less of a challenge for them.

LOL, yesss, me too! I love it when Taceyeon says things in Korean under his breath and Gui Gui just like, what’s going on?

• May 1, 2013 at 1:27 am

WHAT.
    I chanced happen to chance upon this, and Im so glad I did! Seriously, it’s as though you were typing out my thoughts!! 😀
    You know, a lot of people have been criticising this couple, saying they are not as ‘romantic’ and that Taec is ‘annoyed’ with Gui Gui because she is ‘whiny’ and ‘childish’ but you have renewed my confidence!!! I find her absolutely adorable >3<
    Yes! They are a WONDERFUL couple <3

And to all those keyboard warriors bashing Gui Gui, if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all. 😛

I will definitely be tracking this blog a lot from now on!! 😀

• May 1, 2013 at 6:27 pm

Ahahahaha, thanks for your lovely compliment! (:

Yeahh, they have been but I am supportive of them all the way. I don’t think Gui Gui is ‘childish’ for him; she just being her bubbly self!

I love watching her and Taecyeon together! (: I am glad for this coupling!

• May 5, 2013 at 4:00 pm

I love how mina and hongki gets along with each other so naturally. When you see them together, you could already feel the spark between the two. I love how cute they are and how they could smile and laugh with each other. They act as if they were real. They were so natural in every ways and very cute. I love how both of them could be comfortable with each other. 🙂

• May 6, 2013 at 7:51 am

Yeahhh, Hong Ki and Mina are more natural with each other and like I have mentioned numerous times, they don’t have a communication barrier unlike Taecyeon and Gui Gui. However, I do love how Hong Kj and Mina have a softer type of relationship with each other. (: