My Opinion on We Got Married Global Edition Season 1 Episode 6

Okay guys, my anticipation is running high for the next ep! We got a lot of kisses and a sweet proposal! Things are really heating up which is a good sign for the upcoming wedding and honeymoon. Yes, I have been waiting for this to occur ever since the news broke out. I cannot hide how excited I am because I am super duper excited! I clearly have a thing for watching couples grow with each other because I cannot get enough of watching this!

We Got Married Global Edition is the only show that I am currently live-watching; I am eps behind King Flower (AKA Substitute Princess OR Replacement Princess OR The Adventure of King Flower), haven’t even gotten close to starting Gu Family Book and the current Hong Kong dramas are such a mess that it I can only get through them with the ff button. I really appreciate live-watching because it really helps to create anticipation, and this occurs even more so because this is like watching a real-life human drama. With each ep I see the couples grow closer and closer with each other and this just brings me want to see their further development!

Over these eps, both relationships have really differentiated themselves. The couples have stabilised themselves into a position where both participants of the respective parties knows what they want out of the relationship and where they want it to head. Everyone is quite comfortable with the respective partners and the awkwardness from the first ep is drifting away ep by ep. Hong Ki and Mina take more of soft, gentle and romantic approach to their relationship while Taecyeon and Gui Gui take more of an easy-going, light and communicative relationship with each other. I have seen online numerous debates on which couple is better etc. etc., but this question cannot be answered with a definite answer. Both couples are unique in their own way, and in the end which couple is “better” all comes down to personal opinion. It is obvious that my vote goes out to TaecGui solely because their approach to their relationship appeals to me more.

Taecyeon and Hong Ki are taking totally different paths towards their relationship. I love how Hong Ki does things for Mina, such as the proposal and such but I also love that Taecyeon is discussing things with Gui Gui. I would have liked to see a proposal from Taecyeon but that’s okay, this ep was fine with one proposal. (: How adorable is Hong Ki for planning out such a romantic proposal!? Just so very very sweet!

It is quite obvious that Taecyeon and Gui Gui are in a very comfortable position in their relationship. They are definitely getting less and less awkward with time and furthermore, their language barrier is lessening. I really love that they aren’t so held back about skinship because it really shows how they have grown friendly with with each other. Initially, Gui Gui was quite held back about them having any skinship but now she isn’t afraid of it, though this isn’t to say that she isn’t shy around him or anything. I just love how comfortable she has grown around him. When she was made to kiss him she did it and then laughed to lighten the situation. In fact, she wasn’t even shy to kiss him! Though this is not to say that she was without resistant because she was, but she was able to do this because over time she has gotten to know and understand who he is.

Ahahahhas, they yes/no game was fun to watch! Taecyeon friends are so creative (or maybe it’s just the producers)! I loved the game as it really got the couple to assess their current situation and what they think of each other. It also allowed them to show who they are as a person. When asked whether they imagined physical contact with each other, Taecyeon honestly answered no and this shows that he is reserved towards relationships. He was actually shocked that Gui Gui answered yes. I just loved how Gui Gui happily and honestly answered yes. How cute! I mean, who wouldn’t want to have physical contact with him? I’d kiss him any day! I did feel that when asked if they want to date each other for real, both Gui Gui and Taceyeon gave fake answers. I think Gui Gui did actually wanted to answer yes but because of his previous answer and he answered yes because due to his previous answer. Ahahhaa, but regardless, the game managed to bring out three kisses – two on the hand and one of the cheek!

What makes Taecyeon and Gui Gui so interesting to watch is that they are completely opposite people. Opposites attract! Taecyeon is reserved and conservative while Gui Gui is bubbly and playful. With them you can see them work together to strike a balance between them. They are growing to understand each other as well as helping each other to understand themselves. They are also opening each other up and taking in the best of their qualities. I guess with Taecyeon, as he is a conservative person, him being together with someone bubbly as Gui Gui is quite a difference experience for him. There have been numerous online opinions stating that he is too mature for Gui Gui or he looks down on her and so forth, but actually I think that he is not used to someone as jumpy as her. He is learning to adapt and loosen himself.

The traditional wedding photo shoot was a pleasure to watch! Ahahaha, how cute was Gui Gui when she innocently took the jujube? She didn’t even know what to do! Ahahaha, adorable! I loved it when Taecyeon took the majority of the jujube and was like he is the leader! (:

The next few eps is what I am really looking forward to! I can’t wait to see their wedding ceremony! Taecyeon and Gui Gui are going to Jeju Island while Hong Ki and Mina are probably heading to Japan. Both would be beautiful to watch, I just can’t wait. Just 7 days to go before the ep is out!

21 thoughts on “My Opinion on We Got Married Global Edition Season 1 Episode 6

• May 12, 2013 at 1:59 am

the reason i’m watching gwgm is because of Taec, but now..idk why TaecGui become more awkward for me to watch. i guess Taec’s face says it all when GuiGui trying to kiss his cheek lol, like what G.O have said it in this epi “i think GuiGui likes Taec more” .
    seriously, HongMina set the bar too high for anyone to follow. just look at the way their skinship-ing(lol) the stolen kiss(sniffing) and the lingering look. they makes me ship them irl.(hung head in shame)

• May 12, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Oh? I actually find that they are growing more and more comfortable with each ep! (: Ahahahas, but they still have their cultural differences and language barrier which plays a role one way or another in their relationship.

Yepppppssss! I have come to love Hong Ki and Mina more and more! Their is no doubt that these two do not have the awkwardness that TaecGui has. I just love how they feel so comfortable around each other! I loved the photo shoot, they were so swift with the with it all.

• May 12, 2013 at 1:55 pm

I admit it..I am slowly defecting over to Hong Ki & Mina’s side. >_>””

• May 13, 2013 at 9:02 am

I think it is totally possible to be on both couple’s ships, hehe! A lot of fans are making it seem like it’s a competition between which couple is better but really…we should just enjoy both of them. T_T

• May 13, 2013 at 4:36 pm

Yeahh, true! Both couples are loveable; fans shouldn’t compare the two because they are completely unique!

• May 13, 2013 at 12:49 pm

“defecting over to Hong Ki & Mina’s side” #same

• May 13, 2013 at 12:36 pm

I am into the show initially all because of Gui gui (GG) after watching her in Summer fever with George Hu (another gorgeous hunk). In WGM she is soooooo adorable but I guess she should have brush up her command of English to enable her to communicate better with Taecyeon(TY). Never was a fan of TY nor 2pm, but I do find that TY has been very gentlemanly in his gestures towards GG. Their communication is somewhat hampered with GG lack of vocab in English communication and it can be tedious for TY to keep trying to find the simplest words or resorting to gesticulating or plain body language to get his point across. However I do agree that GG and TY has developed that comfy zone with each other and hope to see more of their skinship interaction in the next episodes! Sorry, but I can’t seem to get into that ‘feel’ with HongMina, esp when he paints his nails and his hair in that style. Lurveeeed his voice tho’!!

• May 13, 2013 at 4:40 pm

I just love Gui Gui and Taecyeon!
      I guess what makes WGMG fun to watch is because of the language barrier they have. It gives off a different atmosphere because they have to learn to understand each other. (:

• May 14, 2013 at 1:17 am

Agree Misscupcakes…but to last 15 episodes with just a few liners from GG in English (don’t angry, you don’t like etc), and I noticed she did not quite grasp what TY said about his “throat kinda hurting!” and he has to resort to the “cough, cough” action…kinda frustrated me. They could have at least scripted something for her in the likes of “Shall I accompany you to see a doctor before we push off to Jeju Island?”, Her, phrase of “The wedding, just only we” and TY has to correct her “Only the two of us?” slightly de-romantize the whole intention….lolololol…having said that…I am still TY and GG shipper because she IS JUST TOO ADORABLE! Just wanted her to project better image with a little more communicative competence in English.

• May 15, 2013 at 7:13 am

Ok, as I said early on, I really like Hong & Mina’s match up. I am enjoying Taec and GG and watching their relationship grow. However, my heart was right there with Hong/Mina during those special “connection” times…touching during Mina’s piano playing, to the photo shoot when Hong Ki touched her awkwardly and then tenderly. He seems to be finding feelings and emotions that he didn’t think he would have or didn’t know would come out in this relationship. I’m anxiously waiting for the next episode to see which one of them will have the next surprise “event” to show their romantic and emotionally involved selves. I think I am envious of Mina! 🙂

• May 16, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Yess! Goshhh! I totally fell in love with mina and hongki. I was smiling all the time as i was watching the ep. My heart had really gone to them. Love them!

• May 17, 2013 at 12:32 pm

HongMina feels is everywhere!! you just can’t unseen those smiles and lingering touch! >..<

• May 20, 2013 at 7:05 pm

hey, anybody knows what background song when gui gui kiss taecyeon’s cheeks? i think that song is nice, thanks.. 😀

• May 21, 2013 at 2:27 pm

The song “You are my everything” sung by Lena Park …very meaningful lyrics.

• June 4, 2013 at 9:44 am

First time I wanna watched this global edition is because Taecgui, but now I prefer Hongmina.
    I agree with tia, I think Hongmina start to have chemistry between them.
    Aaah mina is superr gorgeous! Definetely love their prewed photos! 🙂

Did anyone knows what song Hongki sang for proposing Mina in this episode?

• June 4, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Ahahaha, I am still on ship TaceGui! (:
      Regardless, I do admit that both couples have evolved with chemistry (:

• June 21, 2013 at 4:51 am

gwgm will ended at 15 ep ? 😮

• July 27, 2013 at 1:51 am

does anyone know about song which played when taecyon needs to wake up guigui in red dress? what is the title?