GTV releases gorgeous 7 minute trailer for The Pursuit of Happiness

I immediately fell for The Pursuit Of Happiness after seeing its cute and beautiful teasers but now with the trailer I am fully hooked in. It has all the right ingredients for a successful recipe so hopefully this cake will turn out delicious and perfectly baked! It was sweet and very delicate, just carefully touching onto both of the lead’s story. It didn’t delve in too far, but it was enough to set the background story to them. Watching the trailer I felt like I was watching a story unfold and watching as each of the leads have their own input to the development of the story. I really love the narrative aspect by the leads because it adds that personal touch to their character. They are both chasing after their happiness and trying to find their other half in their lives. The story is your typical TW rom-com, nothing special about the storyline but if the actors can shine in their roles and bring the story to life, this non-special story will convert to become a very special one!

There are vibes and remnants from In Time With You (AKA I May Not Love You) and that is because this is directed by Winnie Chu who also directed ITWY, or more precisely, he is the “director coach” in this drama. Also, the drama features songs from William Wei and Aggie Hsieh. Ahhhhh, doesn’t that bring you back to the times of ITWY?

Aside from the leads, no one is really selling their characters to me. Then again, I can only base my thoughts on so much because the entirety of the trailer focused on the leads. To say the least, expect a very complicated love square! Hopefully you can make sense of this complicated relationship. So, there is Ji An Lei (Sonia Sui) whose boyfriend He Ting Wei (Zhuang Kai Xun) breaks up with her so he can be with her superior, Shen Hai Lun (Aggie Hsieh) who so happens to be the girl that Huang Yi Kang (Tony Yang) returns to Taiwan to pursue after. On top of all this, An Lei and Ting Wei become room mates. Have you got the picture of this love square? Yes, it’s complicated and everyone is related to one another through some romance line but hopefully the drama will be a lot simpler than this!

I couldn’t find one with English subs, but the trailer is basically about how An Lei and Ting Wei discover that they are roomies who are both lost in love. And thus begins their pursuit of happiness.

8 thoughts on “GTV releases gorgeous 7 minute trailer for The Pursuit of Happiness

• September 27, 2013 at 4:38 pm

At first I misread the title as “GLORIOUS 7 minute trailer” and in my head I went, “YES!! YES IT IS GLORIOUS!”

LOL but it is gorgeous too. 😛 I agree, the 1-minute teaser had me excited but OMG, the 7 minute preview is so good!!! AHH I CAN’T WAIT!

Oh and just from the preview it looks like the roomies will be sharing a really nice house. O__O

• September 27, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Ahahaha, yes, it is glorious too but I find it gorgeous. Maybe it is because I see the resemblance to In Time With You..

Me too! I just hope that it will be as the trailer sets it to be!

Yes, and they aren’t the typical rich guy-poor girl leads!

• September 27, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Omg I hope it will be uploaded in HD too!!! Lately I feel like more tw-dramas have been available in HD. Hopefully this one will be too!

• September 27, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Hopefully! It depends on which site you go to watch your dramas on and whether the company decides to upload it in HD.

• September 27, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Got so excited seeing Director Winnie’s stamp on this!!! Although is he an ‘advising director’ or something? I don’t even know what 戲劇指導 means since the director is listed as someone else. But regardless, it’s looking good so far and Sonia is beautiful! 😀 😀

• September 27, 2013 at 11:13 pm

Whoops! Thanks for pointing that out! I shall fix up the post! Ahaha, yes, this does have ITWY stamped all over it.
      Winnie is the “director coach” for this drama, although he isn’t the director for this, it does have his flare over it. (:

• September 30, 2013 at 12:45 am

I’d take anything with his stamp on it right now! Since who knows when Tiny Times the TV drama will actually be aired! It might become one of those dramas that never see the light of day.

• September 30, 2013 at 11:01 am

Yeahh, supposedly Tiny Times will air at this year’s end? But it is not confirmed yet.