The Pursuit of Happiness Episode 13 Written Preview

Hmm, I’m not sure how I am supposed to feel about the upcoming ending. On one hand I am glad that this drama is coming to a closure but on the other I feel like there were still lots of aspects that weren’t fully developed. I like this drama, and I have made that quite clear throughout my recaps but there were so much more that the drama could have done! The drama was fixated on sculpting Ji An Lei (Sonia Sui) and Huang Yi Kang (Tony Yang)’s relationship that everything else was kicked to the side. So while the drama did reasonably well to build up their relationship, it failed to do for Shen Hai Lun/Helen and He Wei Ting (Zhuang Kai Xun/Cash Chuang)’s relationship. It was just flat and the drama only tried to introduce conflict for them two eps ago which is definitely not enough time for anything solid to happen. A great drama must know how to neatly intertwine different elements of the drama together but this did not happen here. I am glad that  Yi Kang and An Lei aren’t going to be fated with a rush ending but sadly Helen and Wei Ting have the unfortunate luck on this ending. It’s a good thing that the drama is quite short or else things could have really been draggy. Let’s see what ending the drama has in stall for us!

Used to everything about you:

Wei Ting, who is about to go to Africa, comes to the airport alone. He is surprised to see that Helen had come to send him off. The two of them are moved and give each other an embrace. However, luck did not come their way. The closure of the magazine centre means that he will have to start from the bottom to prove to Chairman Shen that he is able to give Helen happiness.

Yi Kang returns home and discusses with his father what is the definition of “love”. Because of love he became accustomed to everything about her. Because of love he tolerated everything about her. However, after understanding everything, does he have the courage to return to the woman who previously rejected him?

An Lei prepares to sell her house. She looks at the back of the agent as she departs. When she looks at the empty house, her heart feels reluctant to part with the house and she lets out a sad sigh. Those memories will fade away soon…

How is one supposed to survive between love and to be loved? How are you supposed to continue writing about the pursuit of happiness?

8 thoughts on “The Pursuit of Happiness Episode 13 Written Preview

• January 1, 2014 at 8:19 pm

Your comments so different from that of breathlesssurvival & the trailer at the end of epi 12, ending sounds almost tragic. Is this for real?

• January 1, 2014 at 8:49 pm

Hmmmm? How so?

That’s was on the written preview! It’s actually not tragic because both couples will have a happy ending.

• January 1, 2014 at 8:51 pm

What’s the difference btw preview and written preview? Yi Kang’s father came into the picture in epi 13?

• January 1, 2014 at 8:53 pm

Oh, the preview is a video preview where I have directly translated the dialogue word-for-word and a written preview is a well, how would you explain it, it’s a written form of a summary of what the ep will contain.

• January 1, 2014 at 11:00 pm

Are the info from the written preview obtained from another written source on the internet?

There seemed to be a differences in the story line for the preview and the written preview. For the written preview, Yi Kang’s father appeared to play a role, AL selling the flat (thought she was just putting up for rent & Kang is the tenant to be, this seemed to be the case in the video preview).

When AL puts her flat for sale, there seemed to be a finality of sorts, like she is going to migrate or something, and this sort of put the distance (or more distance) btw her and Yi Kang, representing a split btw her and Yi Kang, although, I note that you say that there is a happy ending for them.

Hence, my comments about the difference and the tragicness.

• January 1, 2014 at 11:37 pm

Video previews comes from the videos that are uploaded on the channel’s youtube site while written previews are obtained from the channel’s website. For The Pursuit of Happiness written preview, I found it on ttv.com.tw.

Oh, I think Yi Kang’s father only gave him some advice on love, that’s all. An Lei placed her unit up for sale and the vendor just happened to be Yi Kang.

I guess it depends on how you choose to see the preview. I think she just wanted to sort out her feelings and take a break from all this.

I guess we will see in the final ep, won’t we? But yes, I am definitely sure that they will end on a happy note. (:

• January 1, 2014 at 11:54 pm

Yes, I guess we will be able to see how the story play out in the final epi. Thks