Site News: I Got My Own Site!

NEW SITEHello my fellow readers! Guess who has gotten myself a brand new spanking site? Yes, that’s right, me! It’s been a long time wish of mines to have a site that is mines and now it is finally here! I’ve moved over to the self-hosted platform of WordPress, i.e. wordpress.org, which gives me greater flexibility with how I want my blog to look. That was the main reason I wanted to switch and I’m hoping that this will bring you all a better viewing experience. ((:

I had a terrible experience switching over. At first I signed up with the hosting server Go Daddy but things did not work out well. I called up customer service but they were of no help more than myself. I ended up getting a refund and switching over to Bluehost, which offers a much better service. The whole switching over process really drove my head in. Urghhhh! But I really have to give a shout-out to my dear friend Carolines541 over at Obsessions of Lineย who not only listened to my frustration but also provided me guidance with the switching. <3<3<3

I am a complete noob at this and I have yet to grasp my hand on this so please bear with me while I learn and configure this site. I’ve chosen to stick with the same theme I had back on the free platform, wordpress.com, but here on this platform I have a lot more flexibility with how I want it to look. I am still in search for the perfect theme for A Fairytale World but for now I will stick with the current theme. There is still a bit of migration work that I have yet to do, namely transferring my fellow followers. I will get to that soon, I promise. I also have to find a way to get rotating headers which I currently do not have. Speaking of headers, the theme tells me that the header size is 980 X 250 pixels, but that does not seem to be big enough. Additionally, I have to find a way to put in a blogroll as well as merge my sites from the wordpress.com platform to this wordpress.org platform. There is still a lot that I have to do and I will slowly get to it. ๐Ÿ˜› If any of you can help me with my current issues, that would be greatly appreciated! Oh, and donations of headers will also be highly appreciated since I have like, no photoshop skills. Please send them through! I will forever be indebted in your favour, and I will get to fixing the header problem ASAP, I hope.

Getting the hang of this new platform is going to take me some time but I hope you all enjoy this new site! Happy dramaing and feel free to drop me an e-mail any time! (:

10 thoughts on “Site News: I Got My Own Site!

• January 12, 2015 at 12:38 am

Wow, congratulations on the very significant milestone, misscupcakees!! Your new place is lookin’ good! ^^

• January 12, 2015 at 8:30 am

Nawwww, thank you, thank you! ((:

• January 12, 2015 at 2:13 am

Congratulations on the new home! Lots of work to do but it feels so great when everything is complete~

About the rotating banners, I use method 3 here. (http://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/wordpress-rotating-header-images/) It’s probably not the most efficient way to do it (since you have to update the code everytime you add a new banner or change the theme) but I didn’t want to rely on a plugin for what is really a minor change…

• January 12, 2015 at 8:31 am

Awwww, thank you! Ahahaha, I’m such a noob at this so it will take me a looooong time for me to get everything done!

Hmmm, about codes…where do I paste them to?

• January 13, 2015 at 1:48 am

It’ll go in the header.php file. (Appearance > Editor > Header โ€“ header.php)

• January 13, 2015 at 8:57 am

lol, let me get my hand around this… (Codes aren’t my friend. ๐Ÿ˜› )

• January 12, 2015 at 4:28 pm

Congrats! Let me know how things go as you get used to the wordpress.org / Bluehost!

• January 13, 2015 at 8:56 am

Sure thing! You can always ask me further questions through e-mail or twitter (:

• January 13, 2015 at 8:32 am

congrats!! what an exciting change! I hope everything else will give you less headache ๐Ÿ™‚

• January 13, 2015 at 8:58 am

Nawwww, thanks! LOL, everything is giving me a headache! I’m trying to work out how to approach things…